Syllabics -- was Brute Force attack on VMS

I'm very interested in John's line of reasoning below, that perhaps we're
dealing with syllabic information, already vowel-less, being put into
Voynichese, thus obviating the need for it to be aloud-readable.

It inspired this lunacy: what if ... the syllabics being enciphered were
ancient Egyptian texts? The vowels would be predictable morphologically --
but they would be mostly triliterals, way easy to spot. Oh, well. I assume
anything Egyptian was ruled out long ago.

warm regards, moonhawk

dalford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.sunflower.com/~dewatson/alford.htm>

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines!"
                                                   -- Roy, Mystery Men