Re: low entropy text

> On 4 Sep 2000, at 13:50, Rene Zandbergen wrote:
> > Which brings me to the other thread: what we need is a word game
> > which both reduces entropy and word length, still keeping the
> > vocabulary size reasonable.
> I think that the fact that the vms word structure seems very much
> constrained is very puzzling (Stolfi's OKOKOKO structure)
> Why on earth <daiin> and <aiin> are so common and sometimes
> repeated or run together?

> at the start of words?

Just an embryonic thought, I know it has been suggested before,
but I haven't yet seen some one suggest it because of a
mathematical reason.  What about, rhyming, meter, assonance,
consonance and other poetry word games?  Perhaps some literary
scholar out there has some suggested pieces of poetry that have
rigid styles but differ from one another.  An analyses of each
one of them, compared to a standard prose text in the same
language might give us some ideas about what literary devices do
what to a natural language.
Regards,
Brian