[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ink and paper analysis?
- To: bfarnell@xxxxxxx, voynich@xxxxxxxx, AFScott@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Ink and paper analysis?
- From: "Dana F. Scott" <dfscott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 06:52:33 -0700
- Organization: Pacific Bell Internet Services
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3ABB00BD.5E828447@pacbell.net> <3AC87E83.102C362B@gte.net>
I don't know the range of accurracy available through C-14 dating, but you got my
point, the may be too large to be useful in assessing the VMS and the cost may be too
> "Dana F. Scott" wrote:
> > Testing the ink and vellum would be useful if a date could be set at say plus or
> > minus 25 years.
> Maybe technology has advanced quite a bit, but I thought C-14 only had
> an accuracy to + or - 5000 years.