Re: VMS -- Botany (f50v) Waratah

Hello Diane,
     I am aware that the colors of the flowers in the VMS may not favorably
match the colors found in nature. Thank you for enlightening me to the colors
that appear in the VMS. Except for the VMS folios that I can find in color on
the internet, I am restricted to the B/W Copyflo, which may be a blessing in
disguise, since I am not initially restrained by flower color in my quest to
identify the plants in the VMS. Now I must admit that the blue color in the VMS
is of interest to me. My premise is that everything in the VMS is
purposeful/meaningful (of course I may be wrong but for now that is my point of
focus). What can we deduce about the color blue? We can jot down a list of
possibilities which actually isn't too long:

- The author of the VMS was indeed colorblind.
- The author didn't care about or really know the true color of the flowers and
just guessed.
- The drawings were originally done all in B/W and color was added later by some
unknown individual without the approval of the author of the VMS.
- Blue really does occur in all these plants, which will be evident once
properly identified.
- Blue was used in experimentation as a dye added to the water so that it could
be absorbed through the roots to examine the flow of fluids within the plant.
- The plant colors have special significance (perhaps religious in nature) to
the author.
- Hybrid varieties of the plants were developed with the color blue being a
primary goal.
- The color blue is a part of an elaborate hoax to further entice a potential
buyer of the VMS.
- Color is used as a form of experimental code to label the flowers an plants
while being examined.

No doubt there are other possible reasons for why the color blue was used. A
list such as the one given here is what I would use as a guide/reference during
future study/observation of the contents of the VMS. It will help guide me to a
reasonable explanation for why the color blue was used in the VMS. I am
personally more inclined to focus on the scientific uses/explanations of the
color blue. It is interesting to me that on certain color charts I find blue in
opposition to yellow. Perhaps that is the key.

For now I will say that the writing at the center of f28v is a part of the plant
structure. At this point it doesn't appear to be original VMS textual
writing/labeling to me. Perhaps someone else has a better explanation.

The white shapes in f38r are intriguing. They remind me on Yin/Yang or
childrens' plastic toys. More likely they are parts of the plant yet to be
identified.

http://www.168fengshui.com/Articles/Article_yinyang.htm

Regards,
Mr. Dana F. Scott