Re: VMs: Vermont Manuscript 2

Jim Gillogly wrote:

> The similarity really is striking, and I hadn't seen this ms before.

Two years ago (and again a year ago) I posted the information
about the "genealogical tree" of herbals reproduced in
_Lexikon des Mittelalters_, vol. 5, col. 1479.

The reproduction is totally illegible but its source is
given as:

   A. Schmid, Ueber alte Kraeuterbuecher, 1939 [no place]

I kept trying to find it but without luck. I think it would
be very useful if someone with access to it could
make a copy of the "tree" and post it on the Web. We could
then see what traditions there were in medievals herbals
and where the VMS might possibly fit.

[I already know - it will not fit anywhere, as usual,
but just to know it again...]

Best regards,

Rafal