Re: VMs: Word Endings

Although one must be careful about which labels you look at.  In some cases it appears that labels are part of text (ie sentences) and others look like pure labels.  One would assume that labels would be more pure, as you say, as they would be unusual words that need to be more clearly deliniated

******************************
Larry Roux
Syracuse University
lroux@xxxxxxx
*******************************

>>> G.Landini@xxxxxxxxxx 07/11/03 11:07AM >>>
Nick & Gordon,
On Friday 11 July 2003 15:52, Nick Pelling wrote:
> FWIW, I imagine the processing sequence to be more like:-
>       Galli Romanis oppugnaverunt hastis clamoribusque
> --> galch romch opgnavch hasts clamrch&
> --> gal chrom cho pgnav chhast sclamr ch&

This is interesting. One has to think, though, that this agglomeration should
keep Zipf's law more or less unchanged. I am not sure whether agglomeration
would do this, because one is creating a new word each time (there should be
too many new words, but there aren't). We shouldn't forget about the labels.
They are likely to be more accurate (at least as far as the word start and
end) than other pieces of text.
Cheers,

Gabriel