Re: VMs: Spending lots of money...

Hi Dennis,

At 23:39 31/01/2004 -0600, Dennis wrote:
Nick Pelling wrote:
> Also, an accessible translation of Alberti's comments on cryptography and
> his cipher disk would probably be very helpful:

This sounds highly doable for us now.

        Too bad Jim Reeds isn't around right now; he'd be a
great help.
I assume you've had private discussions with him,
Nick.  If not, he'd
probably answer a few carefully selected questions.

FWIW, my first step AFA Alberti goes will be to read Anthony Grafton's (2000) biography, which looks to paint an interesting and balanced picture - and step two is to read the (2003) translation of Alberti's Momus on an interlibrary loan. *sigh* so many leads to follow, so little time... :-o

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....