[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
VMs: Libraries of Interest
Perhaps it would be beneficial to create a list of locations of important
library collections which may be useful in our investigation of the VMS.
- Universitni Knihovna (UK) (Evans, p.294)
- Lobkovic Library: included Jiri Popel and Pernstein collections,
(Evans, p.287); located "...at present in a castle north-west of Prague,
has its author-catalogue deposited the the UK" library (Evans p.294).
- National Museum (Evans, p.294)
- Strahov Library (Evans, p.294)
* Premonstratensian monastic library at Strahov,
(Evans, footnote 2, p.161).
- Archbishops' Library, Primates of Bohemia Library,
(Evans, p.295; "...removed...to the rear of a house
in the square outside the castle precincts (Hradcanske Namesti)").
- Osterreichische Nationalbibliothek (Evans, p.295)
- Viennese Hofbibliothek: (location?) contains Sambucus Library collection,
"Rudolf II and his world, A Study In Intellectual History 1576-1612", by
R.J.W. Evans, (Thames and Hudson, original edition Oxford University Press,
1973, ISBN 0-500-27986-1)
Certainly, there are many other libraries of interest which have been
referenced in the VMS archives.
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: