Re: VMs: Way OT: Parallel Universes

Bruce Grant wrote:

> Two comments on parallel universes:
>
> 1.   For those who are interested in the science fiction of alternative
> histories, there is a very comprehensive site about them at
> "www.uchronia.com".

	Thanks!  There's also alt.history.future and similar
ngs.  That's rather a different theme from parallel
universes, though.

> 2.   Does anyone on the list recall a story about a guy who starts
> drifting gradually sideways through alternative worlds  that differ only
> slightly from one another? By the end of the story the changes have
> piled up and the world, though much like our own, is inhabited by
> intelligent reptiles.

	I remember one sort of like that, by Robert Silverberg
of course, but not that one.  The one I read was about
a fellow who kept moving on, and gradually lost the
original one.

Dennis