Re: Re: VMs: Re: Plants in the VM

Hello Dana,

it certainly looks like it - especially the folio 75r  - but human or animal, some other folios seem
 to show also some other parts, even some "trips through entrails". I wish I  know more about liverscopy  to find out if the illustrations have their own meanings  or if they are just a product of artist's
fantasy. After all, their meanings would be clear only to the certain contemporary experts - for me it
 looks more like Dante's Inferno :-).

Either way, we concentreted in the past too much on what the pictures show than what they suppose to show.
 Due to the fact that the pictures are not too accurate, many shapes can be misinterpreted. One question
 remains: in medieval manuscripts, the pictures were either illustrations ( i.e. of battles, events or
 persons) or embellishments - here we are apparently dealing with something different: there is too much
 imagination in those sketches that they almost look unreal.

Jan