Re: VMs: Anyone have some Hmong text?

Not what I'm looking for. I want a book-sized piece of Hmong text, with no (or very few) bits of untransliterated foreign text stuck in. I looked in the Gutenberg Project, but it has no Hmong texts.

The Hmong language of South East Asia is the same as the Miao language of China. It dispersed from the Chinese province of Guizhou in the 18th and 19th centuries and was first written down by missionaries in the late 19th century: see S Robert Ramsey, The Languages of China, Princeton 1987. The word Hmong, theoretically a synonym of Miao, tends to refer to the South East Asian dialect.

See this link for terminology:

http://www.peopleteams.org/miao/MiaoHmong.htm

and this for some traditional Miao songs and stories collected by missionaries:

http://www.archives.ecs.soton.ac.uk/miao/

I suspect that this is as close as you will get to a book length sample of
Miao/Hmong uninfluenced by English.

Philip Neal