Re: Re: RE: VMs: Pleiades Occultation Further Date Refinement

Hi Rob, you wrote:

> Please append anything I say in my posts with IMHO - of, course,
humble opinions being the best that any of us can offer, and we should
offer them freely to boot.

So did I, except mine is only  IMO, I do not believe  in humility :-). So as
you see, I take the discussion as a duel;that makes  it more interesting.
Of course I am fighting only ideas, never persons.

> To your charge of Ruggism, I confess, perhaps I am mildly guilty, but
not negative, no, never, not me sir :-)

That's what I  hoped for - this st should be brainstorming device,  where
all new ideas should be taken first as possible, and worth investigating.
If there are objections, they could be saved for later date - we should
look for good points first.
As for "Ruggism", I coin the phrase to all simplified  solutions that go
nowhere. Take Rugg for  instance, if we accept the Vm is ginbberish,
"ruggish", we should all go and play with somethin g else.
 The same applies if we accept the VM is the
work of madman or result of migraines - there is nothing too much to learn from
 it. Those "theories" have another drawback,  too: one can never  prove
them :-).  So far nothing convinced me we should take such an easy way out.
Of course we  can only fight defeatism with facts and encourage
those who are  really trying, that's my point.

> I simply wished to add a pinch of salt to a discussion that appeared, to
me, to assume rather too many things.

But we all  have to assume a lot if we want to  move forward :-).  Besides,
 I do not see in Robert's work anything of the sort of  say
Voynich's cat and as I remember, that was taken very seriously.

Jan