VMs: Plant identifications

Hi

I now have three plant ids to propose. As mentioned previously
the Aloe on f3r. On f35r I would suggest crocus and on f52r I
suggest Valerian, in spite of the root shape. The reason I say I
have identified these is that I believe that I have read the plant
names from those pages using medieval Latin names as a
reference. For instance Aloe came back as Cicotrinus which I
have only found one mention of on the web in this link:
http://webdoc.sub.gwdg.de/ebook/p/2001/maitz/quelltexte.pdf

"quattuor diebus de illo pulvere, scilicet aloe cicotrinus myrrharum,
croco orientali in ortu solis unum parvum coclear plenum."

Now I believe that the document in the PDF is a representation of
a work written around the turn of the sixteenth century which might
be quite relevant to the VMS. The title I believe is "tractatus de
pestilentia." Feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

I realise that there may be much skepticism about my claims of the
plant identifications especially since I am claiming to have read them
from the text. All I would ask is a little patience whilst I check on my
methodology.

Jeff