[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VMs: basic Rohonczi speculations
- To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: VMs: basic Rohonczi speculations
- From: mesinik@xxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:13:42 +0300
- In-reply-to: <42D58109.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <EGEAKJBMENIGAOEAKHGDGEGGEJAA.email@example.com> <42D54F83.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <42D55809.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <42D58109.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.1
Quoting Knox Mix <knoxmix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I think: maybe a lectionary by a minister converted to Christianity, who
> might not have been very knowledgeable about the subject. The long
> straight lines remind me a little of Aramaic but I have no idea how that
> could be a factor. ??????? A transcription will be slow work. Maybe it
> will lead to a key like that used in the deciphering of the Caucasian
> Albanian palimpsets that came back to life in a fire in the Sinai. A
> good story if you have not read it.
But could this link do?
> mesinik@xxxxxx wrote:
> > basic Rohonczi speculations
> > the first question, could it be written in some Hungarian dialect or any
> > language from Balkan? If so, were it dunno long ago?
> > So, should we look elsewhere? Is the first target "in (or around of)
> > Ottoman Empire"?
> > http://www.rootsweb.com/~mdeastgw/maps/ottoman_empire.jpg
> > It's pretty large, isn't it?
> > Well, when looking for writers from right to left, for me the first
> > is "turcic runes" (they did not care much, which direction to write these),
> > but there could be others of course.
But really - which scripts in the region of Middle East and especially "northern
parts of Ottoman Empire, XVIth century" (preferably in touch with both Christian
and Islamic world) use to write from right to left?
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: