Sky Quake, trumpets etc. weirdness in sky

A place to discuss anything Voynich, or not. I'd imagine "politics and religion" are problem good topics to be avoided, just to keep it civil!
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
Bunny

Re: Sky Quake, trumpets etc. weirdness in sky

Post by Bunny »

Not kept tabs for a while but pattern of increasing heat prejumping events emerging, so, given the rise in heat today listened tonight. No quakes, trumpets etc - although there was a real mini earth quake which is a rarity here, maybe somthing to do with tonights different type of sounds.
Tonight there are sounds, less harsh and more melodious than previous sounds, melodius and purposeful like singing is. Muffled like through a closed door at distance, one song many origins singing, timing perfect and identical tone, narrow range, but clearly many origins/voices. Dont know if sciesmic activity is reported to be able to cause unusual sounds.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Weird to the nth degree, sky roaring early morning (too tired to open window for better observation). Later but still early morning open window, sky roaring and slight metallic grind. Few hours later another local earthquake and another in afternoon, not common happenings in these here parts. I get brainaches before thunder storms and on drop in weather pressure but is it possible to sense earthquakes? I know the storm thing is not uncommon. It's not something I know anything about but would be interested to know if anyone knows about such things, is it possible to hear in the manner described an earthquake building before it happens?

Soter

Post by Soter »

As a practicing non-scientist I am ill equipped to comment on this in any useful way.

However, my VMs studies over the years (longtime enthusiasts may possibly recall ) have revolved around the notion that the VMs "text" is very possibly not meaningful linguistically , but rather as geographic information . That is to say the very things ( such as excessive redundancy which disqualify Voynichese as a language, are not atypical of a mapping where "words" describing locations or characteristics are placed at meaningful points on a page. In this context, the pictorial parts of an entire Vm page would serve in somewhat the same way the Egyptians used the "determinative" in scrolls .....as helps in understanding the subject , or, in this case , finding orientation, scale, etc.

Anyway, as a result of this theoretic direction of study , I have spend a fair amount of time over the years thinking about geography and geology , etc. So it does seem to me (from an amateur perspective) that dramatic changes in weather might have causal relationships with geologic activity; I would imagine that for formations already poised to slip or collide, etc., a sudden increase in the local weight of atmosphere immediately above might trigger a quake; but could a quake trigger a storm?

I have no idea.

Soter