Hajek's house vs. Faust house

    > [stolfi:] Just curious: could Budek be the "Simon" who lived in
    > Hajek's house before Dee and Kelley, as reported by Fell-Smith:
    >
    > [Rene:] Remember that Hajek's father was called Simon, and the
    > house was originally his. Although I would not be surprised if
    > there is some potential confusion of persons here.

Ah, that's the most likely explanation. (Presumably Dee didn't
bother to record "Simon"'s relation to Hajek in his diary, and
Fell-Smith did not know Hajek's father's name either.)

    > You (Jorge) may remember that Michal Pober said that the Faust
    > House in Prague, once owned by Kelly, had pharmaceutical or
    > alchemical drawings on the walls. Now I'm beginning to wonder if
    > there is no possible confusion between the Hajek house and the
    > Faust house.

It doesn't seem likely.  Fell-Smith is definitely describing
Hajek's house, and Kelley was still living with Dee at the
time, (She goes on to tell how Dee bought a keg of wine for
Mrs. Hajek, which Kelley and one of Laski's men promptly
got drunk from.  There followed a drunken fight between the two,
complaints by the night watchman, another fight the following
morning,  which Dee and K's brother had to stop by force, etc..)

All the best,

--stolfi