Re: Denis Mardle

A friend pointed me to Mardle's obituary in the (London) Times,
printed 15 August.  Denis Mardle, CBE, born 1929, died on
July 31, was appointed head of the cryptanalysis division of
the GCHQ in 1982.  We are indirectly mentioned in the last
paragraph of the obit.

It is on line at http://www.the-times.co.uk/ if you click on
the "now you can search the Times online" caption.  Enter
a date range covering 15, enter the word "Mardle", and click
"search".

--
Jim Reeds, AT&T Labs - Research
Shannon Laboratory, Room C229, Building 103

reeds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, phone: +1 973 360 8414, fax: +1 973 360 8178