Re: Voynich letters

At 04:19 30/09/01 -0700, Rene Zandbergen wrote:
Well, Pisces has 29 labelled stars and most other
astro signs in the VMs have 30, so to me it seems
very reasonable to assume that the one in the middle
of Pisces is actually the missing 30th one, and also
the first of the whole zodiac section. The label
word is also very similar to the next few star labels
on the first ring in Pisces. To crack this crib,
one should therefore use all the other ones in
parallel.

I thought there were *two* stars in the middle of the Pisces diagram?

I have had this hunch that these are numbers
or combinations of letters and numbers rather than
real words, but I would not bet my life (or in fact
anything more than a pizza) on it.

My hunch is that for each of the astrological diagrams, many of the words around the central area are synonyms (in different Mediterranean languages) for the sign itself. Pisces is the only one with a label *inside* this area, which is why I find it particularly curious.

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....