VMs: Re: Voynich & Baresch, boring(?) historical detals

This is getting more and more interesting.

On 21 Apr 2002 at 16:32, Rafal T. Prinke wrote:
> Interestingly, Fletcher's footnote before that one says:
>
>     In 1633 the eminent French humanist FABRI de PEIRESC, in
>     forwarding to KIRCHER, a sketch of letters engraved on
>     the sword of GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS , pointed out that they:
>     "ne sont pas sans qudq rapport d'ailleurs de vos alphabets
>     de Barachias, si la memoire no me trompe" v. PUG. 568 f. 364. Aix,
>     30 March 1633.,

I am a bit confused.
I have the idea that the first Baresch letter, which he haven't found, but is mentioned (?) in the 2nd Baresch letter of 1639, was sent via Moretus to
Kircher in 1637.
How was the date of 1637 derived?

Actually the Peiresc letter is indexed as 1635, not 33. But which is more puzzling is that until 1637  Kircher would not have known about the VMS, or
did he?

> but can't see the sketch of any engraved letters.

I can't either.

Cheers,

Gabriel