RE: VMs: Re. VMS Thumbnail images

--- John Grove <John@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	I'd prefer progressive jpeg myself...
> http://www.morewood.net/voynich/011r_progressive.jpg
> for example.

I must be getting old :-)
What's progressive JPEG?

> Web space certainly isn't an issue for this
> collection either,

The idea is to be able to include links to these
images in E-mails to give an idea what the poster
is talking about. I can never remember what is
on f68r3 or -v1 (that age thing again, but I
suspect I am not alone).

The space issue is simply that it is user-friendly
if they load fast.

And my copyflo is always in some other room.
The images themselves could of course be clickable
to reveal larger-size images.

> 	One thing I'd like to do (and have intended for
> some time - but time hasn't
> permitted) is to cut and paste the VMS folios into
> 'a new order' based on my
> earlier posts

I've had a look at it. Yes, it is clear that
something still doesn't quite fit. I was once
'annoyed' that one of the early herbal quires
has the quire number on a Herbal-B page. That
leads to further speculation on when the quire
numbers were written. And also that one cannot
always refold the pages with the quire numbers
such that they are all on the last verso page.

Did you look at Gabriel's page clustering?
http://web.bham.ac.uk/G.Landini/evmt/cl2.htm
It could help in collocating pages.
It is based on the data of:
http://www.voynich.nu/extra/curabcd.html
which also suggests a page reordering, but that
does not take into account quire numbers.

Cheers, Rene