Re: VMs: Astronomical Notes, Comments, and Replies

> This is probably a very late post, but where are you starting your
> reading from in this folio?
>
> My reading, in my own transcription, for the center section is
> "8oe2c89", beginning with the obvious break in text at 10:00 that
> signifies the beginning point (there's one of these on just about
> every diagram).  The characters then progress 8 o e 2 c8 9.  Why
> would you take them out of their obvious order?

I started from what I thought was an obvious starting point; the
<o> character which f49v translates as "1", then clockwise. Did
you notice the odd line starting from the tip of the spike to the
right of the o? To me, that said 'start here' as well.

You're right that text usually begins at the 10 or 11 o'clock
position, but I wasn't concerned with the outside ring of text.

Robert