Re: VMs: Newbie's two cents worth

2/15/03 11:31:22 AM, "Petr Kazil" <kazil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Let's make this hypothesis even weirder and speculate that some traces of the
Etruscan language
>survived in some mountain valleys into the late 1300's :-)

I have a book on Etruscan grammar, and it cannot be Etruscan

>But I wonder why anyone - who was supposedly literate - would invent his own
alphabet.

I made my own in first year of primary school, a few weeks after
I started learning how to read. Think of it as a single-substitution
cipher. Later I discovered the Russian alphabet and, for a while,
I kept notes in French phonetically written in Cyrillic letters.