Re: VMs: 1-2-3 eliminate me! - correction

Oops. The list I sent had the incorrect columns (I have not seen "o" as a single character.  "l" I have.

it should have been as follows.  Sorry!

 l lo ol lol
 = == == ===
 a ab ba bab
 a ac ca cac
 a ad da dad
 a af fa faf
 a ag ga gag
 a ah ha hah
 a aj ja jaj
 a ak ka kak
 a al la lal
 a am ma mam
 a an na nan
 a ap pa pap
 a aq qa qaq
 a ar ra rar
 a as sa sas
 a at ta tat
 a av va vav
 a aw wa waw
 a ax xa xax
 a ay ya yay
 a az za zaz
 e eb be beb
 e ec ce cec
 e ed de ded
 e ef fe fef
 e eg ge geg
 e eh he heh
 e ej je jej
 e ek ke kek
 e el le lel
 e em me mem
 e en ne nen
 e ep pe pep
 e eq qe qeq
 e er re rer
 e es se ses
 e et te tet
 e ev ve vev
 e ew we wew
 e ex xe xex
 e ey ye yey
 e ez ze zez
 i ib bi bib
 i ic ci cic
 i id di did
 i if fi fif
 i ig gi gig
 i ih hi hih
 i ij ji jij
 i ik ki kik
 i il li lil
 i im mi mim
 i in ni nin
 i ip pi pip
 i iq qi qiq
 i ir ri rir
 i is si sis
 i it ti tit
 i iv vi viv
 i iw wi wiw
 i ix xi xix
 i iy yi yiy
 i iz zi ziz
 o ob bo bob
 o oc co coc
 o od do dod
 o of fo fof
 o og go gog
 o oh ho hoh
 o oj jo joj
 o ok ko kok
 o ol lo lol
 o om mo mom
 o on no non
 o op po pop
 o oq qo qoq
 o or ro ror
 o os so sos
 o ot to tot
 o ov vo vov
 o ow wo wow
 o ox xo xox
 o oy yo yoy
 o oz zo zoz
 u ub bu bub
 u uc cu cuc
 u ud du dud
 u uf fu fuf
 u ug gu gug
 u uh hu huh
 u uj ju juj
 u uk ku kuk
 u ul lu lul
 u um mu mum
 u un nu nun
 u up pu pup
 u uq qu quq
 u ur ru rur
 u us su sus
 u ut tu tut
 u uv vu vuv
 u uw wu wuw
 u ux xu xux
 u uy yu yuy
 u uz zu zuz
 y yb by byb
 y yc cy cyc
 y yd dy dyd
 y yf fy fyf
 y yg gy gyg
 y yh hy hyh
 y yj jy jyj
 y yk ky kyk
 y yl ly lyl
 y ym my mym
 y yn ny nyn
 y yp py pyp
 y yq qy qyq
 y yr ry ryr
 y ys sy sys
 y yt ty tyt
 y yv vy vyv
 y yw wy wyw
 y yx xy xyx
 y yy yy yyy
 y yz zy zyz

******************************
Larry Roux
Syracuse University
lroux@xxxxxxx
*******************************
>>> lroux@xxxxxxx 02/23/03 20:20 PM >>>
OK, I decided the best way to decide how the Voy was encrypted would be to eliminate the methods one by one.

The first, and easiest method to poopoo is

1) Assume that the language is not an artificial  or lost language
2) Assume a single key replacement strategy
3) Assume Voy spaces are, in fact, word breaks

I gather that if this was the method used the Voy would have been decrypted many many years ago, but I want to be systematic at this.

In order to blow this method out of the water I looked at the single, double and triple character "words".  The most promising group of glyphs to look at for this were EVA: l, ol, lo, lol - in order to fit in a single key replacement strategy the letters must fit at least all 4 of those combinations.

I assume that one of the characters l or o must be a vowel.  I also assume that it must be the "l" as it appears alone and I cannot think of any languages that use a consonant as a single character word (please correct me if I am wrong!)

So I wrote a quick program to list out the possible combinations.  The list below has that output.  I put a * in front of those combinations that seem "word-like" for the few languages I am familiar with (ie I put a * near y, yc, cy, ycy as I have seen y be pretty much synonymous with "i" in some old French documents - though I do not recognize a French "ic" word...so that one may be dropped quickly).

Step 2 is to take these letters and put them into other Voy words and try to extend them (ie oly).  If that does not work then the strategy must be incorrect and I can move on to other attacks.

What I would like this group to do is take a quick breeze through the below list and send me other "possible" combinations based on the wide range of languages you all know.  I would like to know the grouping and the language so I can cross them off one by one.