RE: VMs: New guy on the block

Hi everyone,

Don't be influenced by anything anyone says - until one of us
publishes something of indisputable value, your ideas are valid.

GC's point - that with the VMS, anyone could come in and "see what everyone else has seen, but think what no one else has thought" (Albert Szent-Gyorgyi) is, of course, 100% correct - but there's also an awful lot to be said for not reinventing the same old wheel over and over again. :-o

I guess everyone should find the position between these two extremes that works for them. :-)

I don't know about anyone else, but the mailing list archives always leave me with two overriding sensations: (1) amusement (at the creativity and insight of list-members), and (2) dizziness (from the sheer weight of conflicting opinion and accumulated debate). Still, pretty much every time I come up with something nobody else could possible have thought of before... it's there already. :-)

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....