Re: VMs: re: VMS: Finding

Nick,

It is true that the case for a Christian cross on the hand of the nymph in the balneological section is at best weak. However, I had more in mind the one atop the crown in f 72v1 that Glen pointed out.

Depiciting an ecclesiastic/royal authority symbol (a crown) with a cross may not have been unthinkable for a Jewish artist, but it seems unusual to me. In any event, I guess this becomes yet another small proof our artist gives us about his philosophical depth - or perhaps his evident madness?

Couldn't agree more with you about the multiplicity of sources for the Herbal section. I think Dana and Philip agree there, too.

Glen, I look forward to learn about any progress you make on that Tricesimum research - sounds promising.

Luis