Re: VMs: Rhewll

Hi Brett,

At 17:24 17/07/2003 +0100, Brett Cotton wrote:
I emailed to ask what you get for the 150 dollars and got the reply:

<start reply>
jpg and a rubbing. Typo error should be $350
<end reply>

Hmmm ...

Surely he really meant $3500? :-9

Perhaps the guy is actually serious and the "administration" is to go towards buying a 2400-dpi scanner and a CD-R drive to burn a 500MB TIFF onto. Or perhaps it's some kind of scam...

What say you I save you a bit of money, boyo? There's only one pub in Rhewl in Denbighshire (it's on the A525, just north of Ruthin), and that's the Drovers Arms. It's not too far from Chester and dates from the 16th Century (for all you Edward Kelly fans out there): its postcode is LL15 2UD (for all you Multimap fanboys), and its phone number is (01824) 703163 (apparently).

http://www.travelpublishing.co.uk/GolfersGuidetoWales/GolfersGuideAdverts/201.htm

It also used to have its own website - http://www.droversarms.co.uk/ - but that seems to have lapsed for a while: though there's still a copy of it in the Wayback machine, it's not really worth the bandwidth. :-o

Please give Charles and Sharon Gale-Hasleham (the owners) a call, Brett - tell them about their sudden Internet fame & ask if it is based on anything in reality. Who knows - perhaps there's a lost fragment of the VMS there, you never know! :-o

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....