VMs: RE: Interlinear line codes...?

The beginning of the interlinear file explains the labelling method used
by Stolfi...
I think you might have confused some of the Transcriber codes and
illustration codes together here.

# Transcriber codes
# -----------------
#
# [ The following transcriber codes were inherited from INTERLN.EVT: ]
#
#   C: Currier's transcription plus new additions from members of the
#      voynich list as found in the file voynich.now.
#   F: First study group's (Friedman's) transcription including various
#      items as found in the file FSG.NEW.
#   T: John Tiltman's transcription of some pages.
#   L: Don Latham's recent transcription of some pages.
#   R: Mike Roe's recent transcription of some pages.
#   K: Karl Kluge's transcription of some labels from Petersen's copies.
#   J: Jim Reed's transcription of some previously unreadable characters.
#
# [ The following codes were added by J. Stolfi after 05 Nov 1997,
# in the unfolding of "[|]" groups:
#
#   D: second choice from [|] in "C" lines.
#   G: second choice from [|] in "F" lines, mostly from [1609|16xx].
#   I: second choice from [|] in "J" lines.
#   Q: second choice from [|] in "K" lines.
#   M: second choice from [|] in "L" lines.
#
# The following codes were assigned by J. Stolfi for use in
# "new" transcriptions:
#
#   H: Takeshi Takahashi's full transcription (see f0.K).
#   N: Gabriel Landini.
#   U: Jorge Stolfi.
#   V: John Grove.
#   P: Father Th. Petersen (a few readings reported by K. Kluge).
#   X: Denis V. Mardle.
#   Z: Rene Zandbergen.
# ]
#
#
# Parsable information
# --------------------
#
# Rene Zandbergen has added the Parsable Information to this file:
#
# A special type of in-line comment appears after the [ page/unit
# locator in page/unit header lines (type b1) ]. We call this
# "parsable information". The information is coded in "variables" set
# to values specific for that [ page/unit ], to facilitate the parsing
# and filtering using VTT. The variable names are single characters
# preceded by the $ symbol and they take as value a single character:
#
#      $I = illustration type  (T,H,A,Z,B,C,P,S)
#           Text, Herbal, Astronomical, Zodiac, Biological, Cosmological,
#           Pharmaceutical or Stars.
#      $Q = Quire              (A-T)
#      $P = page in quire      (A-X)
#      $L = Currier's language (A,B)
#      $H = Currier's hand     (1,2,3,4,5,X,Y)
#      $N = has non-Voynich text   (Y)
#      $K = has key-like sequence  (Y)
#      $X = has extraneous writing (Y)
#
#    Ex:  <f5r> {$I=H $Q=A $P=I $L=A $H=1 $N=Y} indicates a Herbal page
#    in quire A, page I, Currier Language A, hand 1 and has non-Voynich
#    text. Refer to the VTT documentation for details on how to use the
#    parsable information.

	There's a lot more explanation in the interlinear file itself just like the
above.

John.