Re: VMs: Gallows - Was: Image Source, Accuracy of Transcriptions

Hi everyone,

At 21:37 29/08/2003 +0200, Petr Kazil wrote:
My voynich stuff is a mess, spead over 3 websites, but here are a few
gallow-oids where you can see both double and single leg gallows.

I suspect that gallows have a specific kind of meaning in the VMS quite apart from their (typically ornamental) prior uses elsewhere.

In fact, ISTM that - purely from their shapes, and the frequent pairing of the f & p single-leg gallows - I'd predict that "f is to k as p is to t": that is, that "f...f is a split k" and "p...p is a split t".

What you can infer beyond that is another matter, but it's a reasonable hypothesis, right? :-o

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....