Re: VMs: Re: Jim Reeds is now out of the loop on the imaging project

Robert Teague wrote:
But I think I've misunderstood something-- I thought the library
already had color slides of the folios, and I could get a catalog
of them. After all, the Sky and Telescope article showed that
color pictures of the astrological section exist.

Ah, yes -- we're on different wavelengths. The previous negotiations had been worked out so that we would pay for Luna to do a very high-resolution color scan of the VMs, to the point where we could see anything visual that needed to be seen in normal visible light, and that those digital scans would be available to any researcher to put up on web pages or anything else. Mark Perakh had an anonymous donor who was willing to bankroll a good chunk of the effort. We thought we had a deal, but as I said before, things on their end got in the way of actually starting the work, and it hasn't happened.

The color slides are interesting and potentially useful, but for me
personally it ain't real if it ain't digital.

Cheers -
--
	Jim Gillogly