 Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:51:32 -0000
 From: Jeff <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: VMs: John Dee tables a further thought

 If as I mentioned previously the tables were 6 x 4 this does not mean that
 it has to contain all the numbers from 1 to 24. it could have duplicates and
 only include say 1 to 21. the words could be read from the tables letter by
 letter and then substituted for the equivalent numbers. These 21 numbers
 would then reference a glyphset with each glyph representing a particular
 number. This way the same number would represent several different plaintext
 letters. As the encoder would have no need to decipher the text it would not
 matter. However it would completely foul up the statistical analysis.

 Jeff