Re: VMs: Voynich manuscript - Manchu solution claim by Z Banasik

Hi everyone,

At 09:38 07/05/2004 +0200, Zbigniew Banasik wrote:
> the manuscript is written in Manchu (I'd rather say: pre-Manchu).There are
> some words of foreign origin in the text.
> I know all letters used in manuscript. Nobody of them who study the
> manuscript didn't see my solution yet. ...

Never mind Fu Manchu, what about the Manchurian Candidate? Perhaps the VMs' author was a soldier back from a distant war, troubled by a recurrent dream (in a strange alphabet?) which he had to write down to try to understand... :-)

Seriously, Manchu wouldn't have been in my top 50 language/alphabet candidates for the VMs: ATM, I would predict this will prove to be another "projective solution", where the decoder's subconscious has something important to say - perhaps some unfinished business from earlier in life, much like the main character in Mark Romanek's (excellent) mid-80s film "Static", who can hear his dead parents in the static of an untuned TV (though, naturally, no-one else can).

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....