From: owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Ted Young
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 10:07 PM
To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VMs: transcriptions and shorthand notes

You read my mind.  Just this weekend I noticed some striking symmetry in the
Voynich alphabet (or whatever it may be).  I have laid out the alphabet in
the following table.  This is by no means the only way to group them, nor
does it bring up any obvious solutions.  Just thought that it might inspire
someone.

http://demo.gavelintl.com/vmssymmetry.gif

On a side note, I found something slightly off topic.  Our old friends Dee
and Kelly up to something again.  :-)

The Enochian Alphabet:
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/enochian.htm

More Info:
http://members.aol.com/AJRoberti/enochlng.htm

Ted

on 6/7/04 7:26 PM, GC at gc-@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One thing for certain is that in places, my transcription is in major need
> of correction.  I know you're probably going to be going back through the
> EVA transcription as well, but before you do, I wonder if it isn't time to
> take a new look at certain glyphs and see if you don't see a pattern?  I
> know I certainly do.
>
> I know Nick's been playing with the idea of shorthand, and I remember
> shouting out the word a time or two myself.  I'm not saying it's written
in
> shorthand, only that there are shorthand notes used in the creation of
some
> of the glyphs.  I think that sometimes people approach things differently,
> but are still working toward the same understanding.

nothing
> more than <i> with a "backward c" loop on the top.  <s> is nothing more
than
> <e> with the same loop.  Start looking through and you're going to find
that
> loop occasionally over the <y>, as well as in some of the oddest of
places.
> What is that loop, and why would the <i> or <c> be any different without
it?

> You're also going to find the <r> with the <i>portion as the usual
diagonal
> stroke, but also with a stroke that is vertical, as well as one that is
> horizontal.  How does this change the "meaning" of <r> ?
>
> Now that you can see more clearly,  you're going to find the <ch> with the
> marks I've indicated before, the hook, the teardrop, the reverse hook, and
> the "pointed" hook.  Are these important?
>
> There have been a lot of new observations in the last couple of years, and
> there won't be any shortage now, with clear images fueling the
imagination.
> There's too much excitement going on right now, but it doesn't hurt to
keep
> some of this in the back of your mind while looking at the images and the
> text.
>
> GC

---