Re: VMs: RE: Writing in plant illustrations

From: "Nick Pelling" <incoming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 20 June 2004 15:08

> Hi everyone,
>

> I don't know what you think, but I think there appears to be a little
> bleed-across from the missing f59r onto the right hand side of f58v. What
> little evidence we have surely points to the foliator having added the
> foliation honestly, in line with what he/she was looking at - and
therefore
> to pages having been removed/lost subsequently. Why are people so paranoid
> about something so straightforward?
>
> Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....

Paranoia does not feature in my hypothesis at all. It has always been
assumed that pages went missing. They may have been purposely discarded as
not being up to standard. In too much an unfinished condition to warrant
inclusion. If the binder had no means of doing them justice they could
merely have been put aside.

If the known history has any evidence that these pages were once in
Voynich's hands then I will gladly discard it like the pages I am
suggesting. It should not however be dismissed out of hand like so much else
on this list. Unless it can be disproved by hard evidence.

Jeff