Re: VMs: RE: Voynich as Divine Comedy

elillie@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Elmar and Jean.

...the person
"awakening" on 66R can only be Dante in the context of Divine Comedy.

...it(he) ["Minos"] appears at the
point where King Minos is discussed, I have identified it as him.

Erni -- doesn't it occur to you that you commit hefty acts of circular reasoning here?

You start with the premise of the VM being related to the Divine Comedy, then search around until you find _any_ person, understand that the person is "awaking", identify him with Dante because "that's his place to be in the DC", and then use this for proof of your primary theory. (Regardless of the fact that the person on 66R seems to be dead rather than awaking, and female rather than a dude, and that f84R features a dozen chicks, all of the female kind.)

I don't mean to sound overly negative, but I am tempted to quote from "Murder by Death":

Sidney Wang : Very interesting theory, Mr. Charleston. However, leave out one important point.
Dick Charleston : What's that?
Sidney Wang : Is stupid. Is stupidest theory I ever heard.

Don't worry, I'll come up with a new theory of mine one of these days; feel free to shred it to pieces then!

Cheerio,

Elmar

--
Elmar Vogt / Königswarterstr. 18 / 90762 Fürth / GERMANY
elvogt@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.beamends.de / Tel.: (++49/0)911 - 31 52 58

"It is through the truthful exercising of the best of human qualities -
respect for others, honesty about ourselves, faith in our ideals - that
we come to life in God's eyes." (Bruce Springsteen, "Vote for Change")