Re: VMs: Topic for discussion

23/02/2005 10:17:28 PM, "jeffs freeuk email" <haleyj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does the following follow all the rules of Voynichese?

>daiinol.qotoy.cthyd.shody.otchody.cheal
>odyd.qokchar.odaiin.dain.daram.dchykol
>ykch.ody.cthyd.qokor.qokychydy

>If not then which words are invalid.

As far as I remember, without rummaging through
my archives,

1. <n> occurs only before a word-break; which
   rules out <daiinol>, but <daiin.ol> is OK.

2. <oy> does not occur, or if it does, so seldom
   that it is probably a scribal error -- or the
   transcriber's mistake

3. <y> occurs word-finally mostly, but quite
   sometimes word-initially before a gallows;
   <d> does not seem to occur word-finally,
   but instead you find (Frogguy here, I don't
   remember EVA) <ig> and <cg>

   So <cthyd> is out, on two counts.

   Ditto <odyd> for the same reasons.

4. <d> occurs only followed by "round vowels",
   that is, "vowels" according to Sukhotin's
   algorithm, starting with a curved stroke:

And <cthyd> and <qokychydy> are also out for
the reasons above. On the other hand,
<qoky.chy.dy.> _might_ exist.