VMs: Fwd: RE: VMS VOYNICH CATALOGUES 26/28

Hi,

Catalogues 26 (2 parts) and 28 are wearing the Voynich piece of heraldry. Voynich's estate branches are at this stage (ca 1910):

London
Florence
Warsaw

In catalogue 28 N°149 is about Archimedes (Campanus) de Siracusa -Boethius edited by Gaurico L. :Tetragonismus Sessa Venice 1503.

A facsimile of title page is included: "fine large woodcut representing the author with a book in his hand walking on the earth astronomical instruments on each side of him and above the signs of the zodiac; beneath the device of Sessa (cat and mouse)."

The comment adds: "at the end another variety of Sessa's device (also) with monogram I.B.S".

Catalogue 27 is presented in 28 (back cover) as recently published, and about "Medical and
Alchemical Works".

Jean