VMs: VMS: FEELY...OT

Hi

Just read A cypher idyll, anent The little westerne flower, deciphered from A midsommer night's dreame, by Joseph Martin Feely 295 Maplewood Avenue, Rochester, N.Y.,1942 (82 pages).

For a Voynicher, it's a rather dispappointing book, with IMHO no hint to VMS. I am not here to comment on the decipherment technique, which is well beyond my skills (:-)), as I see it it could only be interesting for Baconians and Shakespearians...

The best part is at the very beginning: " A midsommer-night's dreame presents a play within a play;
and a book within a book; both to the tune of fantastic musicke. In the outer text a king quarrels with his queene over her boy. In the inner text a sleeping queen, and a girdle of flowers, form the theme of the Spring Song, to which Autumne gossips bear the burthen of a queene enceinte, and of a child held out to be a changeling". Very nice indeed!

Otherwise Feely briefly quotes some of his prior Shakespearian decipherments: Shakespeare's Maze (here undated), Decyphering Shakespeare (1934), The Cypher in the Sonnets (1940).

Jean

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail