RE: VMs: Michelangelo "code"

Dear Rob,
I like your contribution here. And I do see your point
very well.
So do I really understand some other comments made.
Actually, I very much agree with what you call
'normal procedure'. I can only assume the reasons the
authors had not to do it this way.
And just like you I do appriciate the nature of an
open forum. I have learned a lot in these past couple
of days. I do believe in certain rules of
communication though(I have to, that's what I teach my
children every day).
However, I have to assume the vms-list not being the
target group for this book. Perhaps that explains why
some people react (according to Heidi) as if their toy
was attempted to be taken away... I don't know - I
really don't want to be judgemental!
What surprised me though was that expressing my
(obvious) positive oppinion (well, I kinda have to be
positive...I signed up for it - whether deluded or
not)could make other people feel offended. I was not
aware that this subject would have the potential to
stir up so much ...
And I felt kinda honored that some people believe I
could have anything to do with publishing the ms408
project... I might be deluded - but I could never come
up wih a theory of my own...I'm just a smart-assing
ex-wannabe-chemist raising for children in sunny
florida dealing with jeaulous neighbors and dog-poop
on my brand-new floors :-)

Dear Heidi,
I would like to respond to your email 'big trouble
ahead'.I like what you wrote and I agree with many
points of yours. I don't seem to have the permission
though to write about the context of the ms408 (at
least not without aggrevating too many enlisted
writers). That simply doesn't make me feel good.

I wasn't alive or old enough when all these other big
theories came out. I am enjoying being able to discuss
this one for the heck of it.
Therefore I came to the realization that this forum
probably isn't the right place to discuss issues of
the ms408 project. Therefore, I will be using the
ms408 forum for this particular purpose.

Jona (Bryndis) Stulz

--- Robert Hicks <RHicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This is all getting a touch beligerent and rude.
>
> Tom, don't take offense to anybody's attempts to
> flay the ms408 project alive - it's the nature of an
> open forum.  Normal procedure is to put your theory
> forward and let it get slashed to ribbons.  What
> annoys us about ms408 is the way they've skipped
> that part of the process, announced a solution, and
> demanded money for their 'insights'.  I'm sure the
> authors know that their 'solution' could never
> survive analysis on the forum, or, at best, are
> afraid of being made to look stupid.  But, we're all
> allowed to make occasional asses of ourselves here -
> we even expect it.  Most of the best research into
> the VMS has been done by throwing a wild suggestion
> to the forum lions and studying the viscera.  Six
> months ago I proudly announced that I'd identified
> the author (by comparison with another manuscript).
> I hadn't, of course, and many thanks to all whose
> comments put me straight.  I'd rather look a twit
> than continue in a pointless direction.  The history
> of VMS study is dotted with examples of people who
> have deluded themselves into seeing something that
> isn't there (Newbold, Strong, Levitov, etc), but we
> do respect these scholars.  Why?  Because they have
> only deluded themselves - it's all too easy to do -
> and their research was ultimately carried out for
> the love of it.  We have learned much from their
> mistakes.  I object to the authors of the ms408
> project because they are clearly not deluded - they
> are out to delude, and make a fast buck from it.
>
> Rob

> 22/6/2005 Robert Hicks
> RHicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> This message is confidential. You should not copy it
> or disclose its contents to anyone.
> You may use and apply the information for the
> intended purpose only.
> Internet communications are not secure; therefore,
> Severn Vale School does not accept legal
> responsibility for the contents of this message. Any
> views or opinions presented are those of the
> individual
> only and not of Severn Vale School. If this e-mail
> has come to you in error, please delete it, along
> with any
> attachments. Please note that Severn Vale School may
> intercept incoming and outgoing e-mail
> communications.
>
> The message and its attachments have been checked
> for viruses by Symantec Anti-Virus but
> Severn Vale School cannot guarantee that they are
> virus free.

JUICE PLUS+ America's Brand Name for Prevention
http://www.juiceplus.com/+stulz63937k

Juice Plus+ 24-HR Prevention PLUS+ Info Line 1-800-624-7671

Jona B. Stulz
(407) 599-4466