syzygy -- Elmar Vogt

Tell everyone a bit about your background, where you are from, and how you became interested in the Voynich manuscript.
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
syzygy

syzygy -- Elmar Vogt

Post by syzygy »

Hi all,

I'm Elmar Vogt, using the handle "syzygy" here on the board.

I was pretty active in the Voynich community some years ago and fed my more or less half-baked theories into a blog of my own (https://voynichthoughts.wordpress.com/), but then dropped from sight due to a lack of interest. But, as you can tell, it seems I'm picking up a little speed again...

My current stance on the Voynich is undecided, while I think Rich has made many good arguments for the VM being a fake by the hand of Voynich, I think an equally well case can be made for the VM being authentic. In either case I do think that it's not gibberish, but a fiendishly cleverly enciphered text, and that's also my main interest: I'm not so much interested in the history of the VM but in its contents. I have a hypothesis that it's been done by decomposing the plaintext letters into their constituent components ("strokes"), but I guess I'll better explain this elsewhere.

Mundanely I'm hailing from Germany, and make a living as a tech writer for a major German electronics company. Besides that, I've published a few book and plays.

Cheers,

Elmar/syzygy

proto57

Re: syzygy -- Elmar Vogt

Post by proto57 »

Very good to see you here, Elmar. And I am glad to see you continue to have an interest in the Voynich... The more minds working on it, the better.

Rich
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras

Nonstopdrivel

Re: syzygy -- Elmar Vogt

Post by Nonstopdrivel »

syzygy wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:18 am
I'm Elmar Vogt, using the handle "syzygy" here on the board.
Ich gestehe, dass ich ein kleines bisschen davon enttäuscht bin, dass Sie den Name "Syzygie" nicht angenommen haben. ;-)
„Große Geister haben stets heftige Gegnerschaft in den Mittelmäßigen gefunden.“ (“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”)—Albert Einstein