Rich SantaColoma

Tell everyone a bit about your background, where you are from, and how you became interested in the Voynich manuscript.
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
admin
Site Admin

Rich SantaColoma

Post by admin »

I'm Rich SantaColoma, administrator of the Voynich.net mailing list... and now, this new forum.

I first saw images of the Voynich back in 2007, in a documentary. It may have been the 2002 BBC doc, but I'm not sure. I've written and article on the Voynich, run a blog and website of my own, and have helped with and appeared in several documentaries on the subject. I've also lectured on it on a couple of occasions... at the 2012 Voynich 100 Conference in Frascati, Italy, and at the 2017 NSA Cipher Symposium in Maryland.

I live in Putnam Valley, New York, with my wife Cathy and two cats. Our daughter, Clare, currently lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

proto57

Re: Rich SantaColoma

Post by proto57 »

I've set up a user account as Proto57, my usual screen name on the internet. I will probably use this account on the forum most of the time...
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras

Nonstopdrivel

Post by Nonstopdrivel »

As someone who has operated a number of web forums in the past, I can assure you that you're better off using your admin account as infrequently as possible. If nothing else, keeping yourself logged in to a normal user account prevents you from inadvertently causing the damage that can be wrought with the expansive privileges accorded to an administrative account. Plus there's just something so impersonal about posting as "admin." Of course, you could get around that by simply grant proto57 administrative privileges, but then you're back to running the risks associated with elevated privilege levels.
„Große Geister haben stets heftige Gegnerschaft in den Mittelmäßigen gefunden.“ (“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”)—Albert Einstein

proto57

Post by proto57 »

Thanks for the good advice, NSD. I have already made a few boo-boos, but luckily been able to reverse them. Best to avoid them, though.

Glad to see you on the forum, BTW.

Rich.
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras