Voynich +Comet ATLAS (C/2019 Y4) sightings info request

A place to discuss anything Voynich, or not. I'd imagine "politics and religion" are problem good topics to be avoided, just to keep it civil!
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
Bunny

Voynich +Comet ATLAS (C/2019 Y4) sightings info request

Post by Bunny »

Astronomy is often cyclic and calculable but outside the logic of maths and science many cultures and beliefs describe aspects of astronomy and propose future events. As some may know I have previously looked at VM astronomy being future predictive as well as historical.

Comet ATLAS (C/2019 Y4) is due to pass soon as a possible naked eye comet 23rd April onward. Possibly brighter than Venus with a large coma and touted as possibly the comet of the century. Though this hope may be fading now.

As always I am interested in any heavenly phenomenon past, present or future and the VM, here specifically in relation to f67r1 (Moon folio). I am interested if anyone spots it (during lock down not everyone may have right view window/garden to see it) when it becomes visible near to Capella (suggest f67r1 11.30) over a 9 day period or whether it fades before 3rd May. Does it reach Capella as it fades or does it seems to hover around Capella from say 5th - 14th May. Its nearest approach to Earth is on 23rd May. Around the 8th May the comet if bright should in line with Capella. The Moon/Sun/water/gate subject came from data outside of the VM sphere btw. Looking for the comet to be visible but not too near Capella before the 30th April then to approach near from 1st May culminating in being next to Capella 8th May. On the 14th May the comet will lay ~ on the Galactic Equator and point straight along it to the Silver/Moon/water - Milky Way river/Gate of Man between Taurus - Gemini at the point of Orion's sword (nearest brighter star being variable star Propus). It passes through the ecliptic ~ 31st May near Pleiades. The Silver Gate is marked by the Ecliptic and the Galactic Equator/plane intersection.

~14th May lays on Galactic Equator
~31st May lays on Ecliptic
9 days from 14th May to closest approach on 23rd. Moon and Sun in Taurus at this time.Earth closest approach approx. half way between crossing the Galactic Equator and the Ecliptic

Also interested in Asteroid (52768) 1998 OR2 due to pass closest on 29th April, in Hydra below Crater. Not visible object.

thanks,
Bunny

proto57

Re: Voynich +Comet ATLAS (C/2019 Y4) sightings info request

Post by proto57 »

Hi Bunny: Nice to see you on the new forum!

I am only the barest amateur when it comes to astronomy, but I do have a telescope and will enjoy the challenge of looking for this. We have a good view of the skies off our deck (upstate New York), so hopefully it will be apparent to us when the time comes.

Rich.
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras

Stellarwest

Post by Stellarwest »

I believe you meant that f68r3 was the moon folio, because its apparent that f67r1 is a large sun.
https://www.jasondavies.com/voynich/#f6 ... /0.46/3.10

I decoded f67r1 to 12 Constellations.

As always I am interested in any heavenly phenomenon past, present or future and the VM, here specifically in
relation to f67r1
f67r1
f67r1
f67r1 Sun Constellations.jpg (103.07 KiB) Viewed 7962 times

Anyway here is some attachments on my Hally Comet from my Morse to Voynich Book.
Hally Comet
Hally Comet
Hally comet.jpg (92.82 KiB) Viewed 7962 times
Hally May 18, 1910
Hally May 18, 1910
Hally Comet May 18_1910.jpg (167.22 KiB) Viewed 7962 times
"Speak Truth to Power"
:shock:

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Thanks for the response Stellarwest.

You say:

"I believe you meant that f68r3 was the moon folio, because its apparent that f67r1 is a large sun."

Apparent? Well, there are always different interpretations and there are not labels in any obvious language. I have looked at it previously as a solar eclipse (still Moon face - over Sun) but this is a different context and the request just for comet sightings.

I do not look for the 1:1 translation that is mostly sought (although was original intention), because over time it has become apparent that whether for the text or astronomy various attempts have ended up being equal in output. Not to say that arrive at same sentence or event but when you lay out the night sky/various languages various events fit/translations come out. This is not something I'm going to go into atm, though maybe if the lock down goes on long enough and we all lose the will to get up in the morning, it could be a point of amusement or distraction at least to finally air my hypothesis in full. I will keep it for then - so stay tuned.

If one's disbelief is suspended for a moment and one bears with the assumption that the manuscript may be predictive as well as historical, I am always on the look out for the next big astronomical event (must be naked eye) that may fit in that context. Outside data leads currently to the silver/gold/water gate, which is an understood concept, and I noticed when following the close approach comet path that it passed the area known as the silver (Moon) gate at the end of Orion's sword. The tailed rectangle with star at 11.30 I had previously looked at possibly being the Constellation Auriga with Capella highlighted. This star/constellation shown with respect to a new star, comet etc. appearing (at 2.00) and disappearing (at 10.00 on the chart) also fits the current pass by. If the comet breaks up or is not generally visible then end of and wait for next event, but given the lock down atm it's going to be difficult for me to get naked eye conformation to go either way.

Multiple events/languages shown on same folio scenario.
Hopefully clear as mud now...

Bunny

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Seems Comet Atlas, C 2019 Y 4, has disintegrated to the point of not being naked eye visible as was hoped. Have to wait for next naked eye bright thing!