Sky Quake, trumpets etc. weirdness in sky

A place to discuss anything Voynich, or not. I'd imagine "politics and religion" are problem good topics to be avoided, just to keep it civil!
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
Bunny

Sky Quake, trumpets etc. weirdness in sky

Post by Bunny »

Noticed a number of weeks ago night sky sounding odd around 2am, or as I said "the sky sounds wrong". It seems may be due to the phenomenon of Skyquakes, possibly due to Coronal mass ejection or Earth magnetic activity. Other possibilities such as volcanic activity, avalanches, earthquakes, tectonic plates grinding, collapsing caves or gas release form various sources don't seem relevant to the UK. Some other odd sound examples more referred to as sky trumpets or hums, possibly due to sonic booms, grinding, metal scraping, possibly due to machinery, aircraft or meteors seem shorter lasted.

My example closest to what is referred to as the "Bristol hum" (UK), with a bit of low level Tardis (Dr Who) take off whooshing sounds mixed in. I'm not in a city or the countryside, no heavy industry, no inclement weather, no wind, clear sky almost no planes. One may have assumed it was just distant motor vehicle/train travel hum, but it does not sound to originate level with the ground or even higher up as with stormy winds. It seems to originate very, very high up in the sky and has not gone with the lock down and the traffic, train, plane reduction. Night time apart from birds and a little traffic used to be quiet.

I wondered if anyone else has noticed?

VM link? Haha, there's always a link!

Bunny

Bunny

Re: Sky Quake, trumpets etc. weirdness in sky

Post by Bunny »

The sky is loud again tonight

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

2/5/20
The sky is quiet tonight, first time in ages. It sounds peaceful.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

More background noise outside now but other noise also again. Metalic pulsing = skyquake?

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Yesterday loud tonight quiet as a church mouse.

Stellarwest

Post by Stellarwest »

Well it could be the ill effects of the alternating frequencies of the 5g hum. 5g can switch to different frequencies. Try this, Bunny turn off the power to your residence at the circuit box and wait 15 minutes then tell me if the sound is gone other than that it could HARRP projects all over the world. If not that then maybe its the Trumpets in the Bible.

The bad news about 5g
https://tomeoneil.wistia.com/medias/wt471bhb18
"Speak Truth to Power"
:shock:

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well whatever the sounds are the point is that while one expects background and road noise this was during the time when we were all off the roads and tucked up in lockdown and during the wee hours of the night. Now things are running more normally things are sometimes noiser or very quiet background wise. But the specific type of sound can be pulled out as differing from the run of the mill background if you first heard it during the time of no traffic and no people. The mystery goes on.

Stellarwest

Post by Stellarwest »

I heard a huge sky quake last night:

I think I'll chalk it up to the rather large airport about 14 miles away, however I do live on the top of ridge line that rises about a 700 ft. from that airport which is in a perpendicular direction. The sky quake lasted a good 3 minutes.

Bunny have you timed your sky quakes to see how long they last?
"Speak Truth to Power"
:shock:

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Stellarwest,

there have been many reports and recordings of skyquakes around the world, and many natural explanations and others such as road, machinery airplanes etc. The sky sounds I refered to were not part of the the normal landscape and first noticed during lockdown when non of the man made explanations would apply and living in a country of excess moderation in terms of geology, weather, industry and far from the sea here, non of the usual natural explanations applied. Being in the middle of the night I didnt time it but I would say more a background sound rather than an event, and not like the high pitched and squeling or rumbling sounds people have recorded in specififc incidences. Its origin seemed very high up and only way to describe it is it sounded wrong. As there is no general lockdown atm and road and sky traffic is back, I havent listened out after a while but seemed specific to lockdown.

There are many recordings on line of skyquakes which are very dramatic and certainly weird but non like the lockdown sound.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Sound noticable tonight again. Listened better to desribe more acurately. Current conditions light breeze 5mph from different direction to window. Some distant traffic still but much louder than has been in spite of low wind. Picking out the specific sounds from background, metalicaly grinding low level sound, intermitant metalic wining like a stong wind but metallic, like someone picking up a wind instrument for the first time and trying to puff a long note out of it - badly. Not technical but best description, a badly played metalic wind instrument.