Why this dates range? 1479-1487

A place to describe one's own theories, or the theories of others. Genuine, Forgery, Hoax, Herbal, New World, Modern, etc.
Forum rules
All ideas are welcome, but please be civil with each other.
Bunny

Why this dates range? 1479-1487

Post by Bunny »

Working from scratch on VM (just as well considering I have forgotten any of my previous research in depth!).

keeping an open door as to date, provenance and authenticity, but a recent line of thought has led to a suggestion of a narrow date range of 1479-1487 for the manuscript. This date range suggested is not any material date of the manuscript, but one that may be sewn into it, possibly as an indicator of date range for a hoax tableaux scene setter, or maybe an indication of subject matter from an authentic manuscript. The date does seem to coincide with the C14 official dating era which is an interesting coincidence and unexpected.

I wonder if anyone has thoughts on this date range, could it be real and why it may be relevant? The manuscript does resemble may things from many eras, many scripts and many belief systems, areas of science and botany etc. and this avenue is just examining another one of those.

Bunny