Analysis of Labels in the Voynich Codex Reveals it is an Astrological Calalogue

Ideas relating to possible methods and systems for the translation of the Voynich text.
Forum rules
All ideas are welcome, but please be civil with each other.
danielemlynjones

Analysis of Labels in the Voynich Codex Reveals it is an Astrological Calalogue

Post by danielemlynjones »

I recently published my analysis of labels in the Voynich manuscript which may be of interest to fellow Voynichologists. The description and link are below:

Description
Despite over a century of research, the Voynich Codex remains mysterious. It is written in an unknown language in an unknown script, with plants and stars which defy convincing classification.
I identified label words in the many illustrations, and colour coded these label words throughout the Voynich 101 transcribed text. Many areas of the text became so dense with lists of these label words, that it resembled a catalogue. Interestingly, several of these label words doubled as plant labels and star labels. This colour coding process also showed that the ‘nymphs’ in the ‘Balneological’ section are not women, but personified depictions of stars and plants, and I suggest that this whole section is an allegorical representation of astrological influence. Certain labels were shown to be associated with one another, and the translations of several words was hypothesised.
An entire list of labels, together with the entire colour-coded transcribed Voynich 101 text are contained in appendices in this book. My fervent hope is that this modest and lightheartedly-written contribution to the field will assist and inspire fellow Voynichologists of all levels in their attempts to further understand this enigma.
Amazon Link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BC6Y2CC3

proto57

Re: Analysis of Labels in the Voynich Codex Reveals it is an Astrological Calalogue

Post by proto57 »

Thank you, Daniel. I've purchased the Kindle version just now, and look forward to reading it.

Rich SantaColoma
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras

Dion2

Re: Analysis of Labels in the Voynich Codex Reveals it is an Astrological Calalogue

Post by Dion2 »

Daniel,
I assume you're connected with Herbalgram and the Tuckers, because only they describe the Beinecke's manuscript as a 'codex'..

Not sure what you mean by describing your work as light=hearted. It seems to me that you managing to decipher all the calendar's labels would be a serious break-through. It seems a pity that your results haven't created more of a stir. If you'd care to share the reviwer's comemnts, I'll be happy to pass them around for you.