"Unraveling the Voynich Codex"

Books about or mentioning the Voynich Manuscript, or any related discipline.
Forum rules
Any ideas are welcome. Flaming, insults, threats and ridicule are not allowed. Please be civil.
proto57

"Unraveling the Voynich Codex"

Post by proto57 »

I can strongly recommend the 2018 book, Unraveling the Voynich Codex, by Jules Janick & Arthur O. Tucker.

As I wrote in my 2018 Amazon Review,

"Whether or not one agrees that the contention of the authors, that the mysterious Voynich manuscript is a New World, post-Colombian Codex, it is a stunningly well researched and illustrated work. As such, it belongs on the shelf of any Voynich enthusiast, or for that matter anyone interested in New World histories, flora and fauna, ancient codex's in general, and ancient, mysterious texts.

"The work does not purport that this theory is absolutely proven, either. They are presenting it, in an open-minded, critical and scientific manner, so that the reader can make up their own mind on the issues. And in getting there, the work becomes an excellent resource in its own right, filled with plant comparisons, the history of the Voynich manuscript, all theories and their authors that came before, and much, much, more.

"In fact, while I anxiously awaited this book, and was not disappointed, I am actually someone with a theory other than the author's. There are many aspects of their work that I agree with, though, mostly observational. For I do agree that the work is post-Columbian, and that many of the items are what the authors suppose they are, or at least, influenced by them."

Rich
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras