two of my pet ideas

A place to describe one's own theories, or the theories of others. Genuine, Forgery, Hoax, Herbal, New World, Modern, etc.
Forum rules
All ideas are welcome, but please be civil with each other.
AquilaPausaLoquitur

two of my pet ideas

Post by AquilaPausaLoquitur »

Nice forum ;)

For some time (yes years!), i have been working on two assumptions:
1) the text is phonetic representation of a spoken language (not understood by writer?). Each "letter" is a sound.
IF IOU RIDE IT ALOUDE IOU HONNE DERE STANDE (that's roughly what I mean if a french writer were to register spoken english)
this might account for strange statistical distribution... very hard to prove!
2) second hypothesis is that the circles (zodiac) represent a twin birth (royal?) of two girls. One short lived.. 9 diagrams "in tube", then "birth" and out
comes two "nymps"... each diagram is one month ?... few royal birth match ... maybe Charles VII (France) with Mary and Jeanne... during the times of
Jeanne d'Arc which might explain need for secrecy... would suggest either spoken language or written phonetics if based on medieval french...

That's it. Huge amount of stats and download and processing of medieval text from gutenberg.org have not been to help , but it is a great past-time during confinement ;)

Cheers and keep working on the VMS, even if it is a hoax, it is a great source of information (reading your post!).

proto57

Re: two of my pet ideas

Post by proto57 »

Hi Aquila: Welcome to the forum, and thank you for you input. And thanks for the positive on the forum... it's a work in progress, some tweaking to do, yet.

I like that you are thinking "out of the box". The more people trying different ideas, the better chance someone may hit on it. Is the text meant to be read phonetically? If it is (and no reason I can think of that it could not be), it would take a lot of tries to hit on the proper sounds used.... especially not knowing the language.

But that has been the problem with any unknown writing, when the underlying language wasn't known: Determining the sounds that the characters represent.

If you do hit on anything, we'd love to hear it.

All the best,
Rich.
"Man is the measure of all things: What is, that it is; what is not, that it is not"- Protagoras

AquilaPausaLoquitur

Re: two of my pet ideas

Post by AquilaPausaLoquitur »

Exactly, that is why it is very hard...
I tried numerous approach, even using dys-vocal to transform medieval french text into vowels (phonème) and using this as possible source for VMS pattern matching... not a lot of success these mainly because I have no much luck at transforming text into sound!

one thing about the nymph and their "star"... I noticed this: reading clockwise one hit star then nymph X number of time. And nymph then star Y number of times... if X and Y are month, this suggest (to me!) that one of the sibling (twin) girl died earlier (because X >>Y)... which does match the story of Marie and Jeanne, daughters of Charles VII.... I have yet to find better match..

cheers!