Re: D! IV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Big Jim" <bigjim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Dark MaP" <darkmap@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <voynich@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: D! IV

> This is all new. Right now all my Voynich translation work including notes
> on method has been included in a manuscript I wrote about what I have been
> working on. It is sitting at a publisher now.  Copyright has been sought.
> Copies of my work are in circulation with certain people. The usual.

I really find that publishing an obviously 'unaccepted' solution is nothing
more than misinformation for the gullable, but it's been done before and
will again. Jim, I really don't know how anyone could find your solution
reasonable as you, like others who have claimed decipherment constantly
avoid responding to the problems pointed out with your method. Using a 'I
can't believe you can't see what I see' argument isn't good enough. You have
a single EVA transliterated text and make your own translation fit! That can
not be a solution. Each individual looking at the same EVA transliterated
text couldn't possibly come up with the same Hebrew-ish text.

FACHYS, I believe you separated into several separate words. How can you or
any other individual arrive at the same separation? Why not FACH, YS? Why
does a single letter F - suddenly represent a whole word IN THIS ONE CASE,
but obviously represents part of a word in others?

I regret the fact that you are trying to publish unfounded information, and
doubt anything I say will stop you or even slow down your desire to get to
the market place with this 'solution'. I would hope however, that you took
the time to look at the main problem with your solution - every reader WILL
arrive at different results and this can't be resolved simply by saying -
'It's so plain, I can see it and you can't because you want to be logical
when it is visual.' By that argument you are stating that the solution is
indeed subjective - and depends on what the viewer sees.

John.