[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Vigenere: more than meets the eye!
- To: voynich@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Vigenere: more than meets the eye!
- From: "Bernd Neuner" <bernd.neuner@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:24:01 +0200
- Organization: http://freemail.web.de/
I would seriosly recommend to read Vigenere's Traicte des Chiffres from f200 on:
Just replace his "a c b a a b b a c..." with Voynich characters, to be more precise, with
generic characters like: "c-like letter", "\-like letter", "|-like letter", "o-like letter" etc.
There may be only few letters at all, and some of the them even might still be blinds.
If you take a close look at the script, the scribe might as well have written a sequence
of "e"s, "i"s and "o"s, divided by some gallow characters, and added some flourishes
to garnish them.
This would mean that:
1. The ressemblance to astrological signs is just a red herring.
2. A voynich word typically represents just one or more letters,
not a plaintext word.
I'm very curious what results in applying the above assumptions to the MS!
1.000.000 DM gewinnen - kostenlos tippen - http://millionenklick.web.de
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de