[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Archaic majolica albarelli...?

Hi everyone,

Quick clarification: the Secretary of the Majolica Society tells me that, when referring to 15th/16th century tin-glazed earthenware, it should be called "maiolica" - "majolica" (with a "j") generally refers the same kind of thing but Victorian or later.

She's also passed me some contact details for some ceramics historians, which I'll be following up very shortly. Books:-

"Italian Maiolica" by Julie Poole:-

Pretty much everything you'd ever need to know about Renaissance maiolica (with several good good bibliographies), though doesn't really cover archaic maiolica:-

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....