Re: D!

Mark Perakh wrote:
>  It may take billions of trials, but we have all the
> time in the world, and possibly with the assignment number zillion some readable
> text in some recognizable language will show up. Is such approach feasible? Best
> to all.  Mark

Let us understimate the billions, and settle for one -- just one --
paltry billion. Say it takes one second to figure out if
a text is in a recognizable language. Say you work at it
12 hours a day. There are 365.2425 days in a years,
multiplied by 12 hours, multiplied by 3600 (seconds per
hour) = 15,778,476 seconds. Divide by one billion
(10^9), take the inverse... 63.3775 years = 63 years,
4 and a half months, roughly.

Now, if the assessment time could be brought down to
one tenth of a second, that would only be 6 years
and a bit. Any  volunteers? No? All right, let's
make it *only*  8 hours a day, but you'll have to be
at it for about 10 years, though.